- 1 large fresh basil sprig
- 1/3 cup plus 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil plus more for brushing
- 3 1/2"-thick slices seedless watermelon, rind removed, each cut into 6 wedges for a total of 18 wedges
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 pound pea sprouts or watercress (tough stems removed; about 12 cups)
- 36 slices Pickled Radishes , cut into eighths
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) queso fresco, crumbled
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shelled pumpkin seeds (pepitas), toasted
- Ingredient Info:Queso fresco, also known as queso blanco, is sold at better supermarkets and at Latin markets. If unavailable, mild feta can be substituted.
Heat basil and 1/3 cup oil in a small skillet over medium heat until basil begins to bubble. Simmer for 3 minutes. Remove pan from heat. Let cool for 1 hour. Discard basil; set aside basil oil.
Build a medium fire in a charcoal grill, or heat a gas grill to medium. Brush grill rack with oil. Grill watermelon until lightly charred, about 2 minutes per side. Set aside.
Whisk remaining 1/2 cup oil, lime juice, and honey in a large bowl to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add pea sprouts and toss to coat.
Place 3 pieces of grilled watermelon on each plate. Top with pea sprouts and drizzle basil oil over. Garnish with Pickled Radishes, queso fresco, and pumpkin seeds.