Easy Eggs Poseidon
The name Eggs Neptune has already been taken, so we're coining Eggs Poseidon for this delicious, and healthy-ish brunch fare.
Serves two. We added a pre-prepared seaweed salad (available at Japanese grocery stores) as a side dish, alternatively you could use a mache or other lettuce-based salad.
2 tbsp mayo
2 tsp dijon mustard
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp dried dill
large pinch of sea salt
2 whole wheat english muffins or thin multigrain buns
8 strips smoked salmon
- Poach the eggs. We like to use silicone poaching cups.
- While eggs are cooking, whisk the first five ingredients together for the sauce.
- Toast the bread. Place two strips of salmon (or whatever amount seems right to you) on either side.
- Place one poached egg on either side, on top of the salmon.
- Spoon sauce over the eggs, garnish with dill sprigs if you like.